Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Best Christmas Present Ever

Hi friends. I know, it's been a while since I've posted. I wish I had the time. I can barely keep up with reading blogs. I rarely comment on them now, and even more rarely post on my own blog. But I'm always here, and God-willing, will not go away for a long time.

Anyway, I came across a picture of a Christmas present that my daughter Nina gave me this past Christmas. I honestly feel that this is the best Christmas present that a child could ever give his or her parent. She loves us so much. She wanted to give presents to me, her mom, and her brother, but she wanted them to be from her, personally. For me, she blew up a balloon and wrote the following words on it: "Marry Cristmas Brady 2008". She wrapped it on her own in a box with a ribbon and a bow. When I opened it on Christmas morning, I thought it was such a wonderful and thoughtful gift, but when she saw that she wrote her brother's name (Brady) on it instead of mine (or Dad) she was heartbroken. Naturally, it broke my heart to see her in such an embarrassing state. I immediately took a Sharpie and crossed out Brady's name, and wrote "Dad" in its place. It took a lot of tears on her part and attention diversion on the part of me and her mom, but in the end she recovered. I've held on to that balloon for months now, and decided to take a picture of it to preserve it for as long as a digital image lasts. This is not the first time Nina has given me a balloon as a gift, and the last time - it shriveled up. This time I took a picture of it. Here it is for you to see:
Thank you Nina, for the best Christmas present ever. I love you so much - more than anything in the whole world. Love, Dad.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At May 31, 2009 9:09 AM, Blogger sage said…

    Watching our children be so excited then get upset over something like this is painful--but it does show the love they have for us. It's good to see you back posting!

     
  • At June 02, 2009 9:42 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    I've missed posting. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and for dropping a comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home