Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Biden vs. Palin

I watched the whole debate and here are my thoughts:

Biden did a better job of answering the questions.

Palin didn't answer some of the questions, but did a lot of talking about the subject of the question and about other issues.

One question regarding the economy was answered by Biden.  Then on Palin's turn she didn't talk about the economy - she switched the topic first to the energy issue, and then next to the environment.  Even Gwen Ifill, the moderator, picked up on that switch of topics by Palin.

In my opinion Biden focused too much on what McCain does wrong, and how it's not too different from Bush.  I understand this is a strategy, but it started to get old.  Even Palin picked up on it calling it "looking back".  I wish Biden would have focused more on what he and Obama will do better.

I think the same type of strategy hurt Kerry in '04 when he criticized Bush too much, and didn't promote his plan or solution enough.  I like how Biden pointed out he hasn't heard McCain's plan.

I think it was a good debate, and I think Biden did a slightly better job.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At October 07, 2008 10:35 PM, Blogger LA said…

    I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, but I do acknowledge she has a fair amount of charisma. From a purely analytical viewpoint, I don't think she's really helping John McCain, though. American voters are really paying attention right now because the economy is in such crisis. That she avoided answering questions was the most repeated criticism I heard after this debate.

     
  • At November 05, 2008 12:40 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Palin turned out to be a huge stone around the neck of McCain. Biden was in a difficult position in debating her, and I think he pulled it off well. And he melted the hearts of many Americans when he teared up speaking about his family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home