Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Sat. Morn. Post - Vol. 18 - Turkey Weekend

Hi friends! Thanks to the magic of Blogger, I'm publishing this post today even though I'm far away from my home and my computer. I wrote this before leaving home on Thanksgiving morning, and scheduled it to publish on Sat. 11-28-09 at 7:00 a.m.

My Thanksgiving tradition is to meet up with my off road club out in the Mojave Desert and celebrate with friends out there. We have a pot luck dinner on Thanksgiving day complete with a turkey, and we ride all weekend long in the open riding areas about 150 miles north of Los Angeles. Around the time this post is published, I will be taking a Saturday morning ride on my quad with a couple of other dedicated morning riders.

I'll be sure and post pictures in the weeks to come. I also have to post an update on Brady's cheer competition from last weekend. I will tell you this much now - his squad won 1st place in their division.

See you next Saturday morning . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2009 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanksgiving in the desert sounds like a good tradition. Thank God for GPS!

    I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

    Cheers.

     
  • At November 30, 2009 2:54 PM, Blogger sage said…

    If I was home (ie, where I grew up), we'd have a big thanksgiving feast and by daybreak on "Black Friday" would be on the water heading for a few days to a week of fishing around Cape Lookout.

    I like the Mojave in winter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home