Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day Papa Kirk

In loving memory of Carlos Aguirre - December 10, 1931 to August 19, 2000
I miss you. Thanks for being my Papa and for all the things you did for me. Here are just a few: Coaching my little league team; taking me to Dodger games (don't spill your Coke); your involvement in Scouting; teaching me to play golf - I have countless memories of golf outings; letting me drive your Mustang - which I still do once a week, just to keep it running; rescuing me when my car broke down; etc., etc., etc., etc. To celebrate Father's Day, I thought I would dedicate a blog entry in your memory by posting a few pictures of you.

I put this picture first because Mama and Papa's wedding anniversary is on June 14. A few days ago would have been their 48th. This pic was taken nearly 13 years ago at my uncle's 50th birthday party:

This is probably one of the last pictures taken of me and Papa together, and was taken on my wedding day - November 13, 1999:

This was taken at my engagement party in the Spring of 1999:

This was taken on Father's Day sometime in the late 1980's:

Here's Papa Kirk holding two of his grandchildren. Christine is in his arms as Anna sits on his lap. This was taken approximately 11 years ago. In spite the girls crying and being a little uncooperative for this picture opp, Papa has a great smile (as usual).

You live on in our memories. I talk about you to Brady and Nina and show them pictures of you. Laura really took your passing hard, but we all miss you very much. Thank you God for blessing our lives by giving Papa to us. Love, Danny

2 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2006 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought a lot about Papa on Father's Day too. It was a really nice tribute to him. When I saw the pictures, they made me smile. Thanks. :)

     
  • At June 29, 2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Danny-

    Nice Tribute to Papa. I can definately relate to the part about getting rescued when the car broke down.

    Thanks for putting this together,
    Love,Diana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home