Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Even More on Commuting to and from Work


Back to venting about the idiots. By the way - I use the term "idiots" because I decided back when I launched this blog that I would not use profanity or vulger language. That's my long-winded way of saying that what I really think of these people is that they're F***ing A**h***s. Anyway, this post is 3rd in a series of my daily commute and some of the things I encounter. This post is more closely related to the 1st one, in that it describes other motorist and how they endanger my life by their poor driving. Mostly, it's how they irratate me by breaking the law, and how there never seems to be a police officer or highway patrol officer around to bust them.

So here's the run down of the things "idiots" do that I hate the most:
* Failing to pull over to the right when a fire truck/police car/ambulance approaches with their lights on.
* Failing to stop before the "Keep Clear" area in front of a fire station.
* Running a red light.
* Making a left turn after the red arrow appears (which is also running a red light).
* Using the far right side of the road as a lane, when it's actually not a lane.
* Using a right turn only lane (or exit freeway lane) until the last second, then pulling back in the thru traffic lanes.
* Crossing over the double yellow lines to get in the carpool lane on the freeway.
* Cutting through the Gore Point to exit or enter the freeway.
* People who tailgate.
* People who cut you off.
* People who drive sooooooo fast coming up from behind you on the freeway, zig-zagging between cars as they pass along.
* People who talk on their cell phones and drift into your lane.
* The driver next to me who doesn't yield to the pedestrain for whom I've yielded.
* The J-walker. Side note: I occassionally have to go to down town L.A. in the clothing district. Toooo many pedestrains. One FAT F*****g B***h took her lazy time waddling across the street and really pissed me off.
* There are more that I will add as I remember (or encounter) them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Mayren said…

    I totally feel your pain on the traffic here around L.A. I've been in So.Cal for about 3 years now from Texas and finally i can keep up and not get run over but it's hard to yell at people when your own husband drives just like the people you describe. It's nice to see some So.Cal guys driving well. Keep it up Dan! *hugs*

     
  • At July 16, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Criss said…

    God, I so totally relate! I drive like 500 miles a week, so I know what the idiots are up to, although I will not admit to the one or two of those items on your list that I am guilty of =)

     
  • At July 16, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    I'm actually guilty of a couple myself. I just keep the safety of others in mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home