Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Friday, August 25, 2006

Dave Matthews Band Concert

Tonight, my wife Laura and I will be going to the Dave Matthews Band concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. We really enjoy Dave’s music, and tonight should be a great time. This will be our sixth DMB concert together, and the 3rd in a row that Laura’s parents, Tina and Ed, will join us.

If you asked me 10 years ago who Dave Matthews is, I probably couldn’t tell you for sure, but would have recognized his name associated with music. I was familiar (at that time) with the Dave Matthews songs called Too Much and Crash Into Me.

I have to thank Laura for expanding my knowledge and appreciation of the music of Dave Matthews. When Laura and I first met I found out what a big Dave Matthews fan she was (is). In fact, one of our early dates was to the DMB concert at the Forum in October of 1998. Laura’s grandparents gave her the tickets for her birthday. Well that started a tradition that continues to this day (literally). Of course at the time, we didn’t know we would be married some day. I thank God for bringing us together. By the way, the song we danced to at our wedding reception was a DMB song. The title is actually a number: #34. There are no words, it’s an instrumental.

So tonight we go again. Below are a few CD covers with some of my favorite selections.


Under The Table And Dreaming
My favorite songs are What Would You Say, Typical Situation, Dancing Nancies, Ants Marching, Jimi Thing, and #34


Crash
My favorite songs are So Much To Say, Crash Into Me, Too Much, and #41


Before These Crowded Streets
My favorite songs are Rapunzel, and The Stone


Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds
Live at Luther College

Without a question, this is my most favorite DMB CD. Every song is a favorite of mine, but three in particular are #41, Dancing Nancies, and Typical Situation


Everyday
My favorite songs are The Space Between and Everyday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home