Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation Pictures (sort of)

Despite my best efforts, this is the only [useable] picture from our family vacation in Las Vegas. This was taken on Saturday night, June 28, while the four of us were at a Latin Music club called Luna Y Sol. L-R are Laura, me, Elaine and Frank. Frank is having a better time than his expression indicates. At the same time this picture was taken, several stories up in our hotel room, the kids were having a good time too.
The four of us, and our kids, plus a bunch of other friends and relatives also had a fun time at our backyard pool party and BBQ held this past weekend.  This next picture was taken during the party, and is of Casey & Kenny.  They are our friends from our off road club, the D.O.M.
This next picture was taken later Saturday night, also during the party & BBQ. These are our friends Terry & Robin, and their beautiful daughter Ellie.  Elyssa actually, but she's affectionately called Ellie.  (I hope I'm spelling that right)
When Terry, Robin & Ellie were leaving, we gave them the Barbie Jeep that Nina used to ride when she was Ellie's age.  We hope that Ellie has as much fun with that Jeep as Nina did.

This last picture is of Kira (Nina's cousin), Krisha (Kira's mom / Laura's sister), and Nina.  This was taken late at night during the party / BBQ.
So that's it for my vacation pictures.  Unfortunately, I didn't take that many.  Maybe Brady has some from Las Vegas.  If I find some from the cruise that Laura and I took, I'll be sure and post those.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At July 18, 2008 3:27 PM, Blogger LA said…

    What a beautiful family and set of friends you have there, Dan. How old is Nina?

    It looks like everyone is having a fantastic time. Ahh, the joys of summer. :)

     
  • At July 20, 2008 4:42 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Thanks la,
    Nina is 7, soon to be 8.

     
  • At July 21, 2008 6:49 PM, Blogger sage said…

    You should define "usable" pictures! Wonderful family you have, you should go back to Vegas in the winter when you can enjoy being outdoors and exploring

     
  • At July 21, 2008 9:13 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Sage,
    I meant quite literally that there was only one usable picture from Las Vegas. Our waitress took the picture that I posted. She also took two others, both of which were out of focus. I have no idea how she managed this with a digital camera. We took no other pictures the whole time we were in Vegas.

    I'm sure you didn't think that I took pictures that were not appropriate for posting on a family blog.

     
  • At July 29, 2008 5:01 PM, Blogger LA said…

    Just stopping by to say that I hope you and your family are all safe after the quake today.

     
  • At July 29, 2008 8:37 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    la,
    Thanks! That's very thoughtful of you. We are all fine.

     
  • At July 29, 2008 10:06 PM, Blogger LA said…

    Glad to hear it!

     
  • At August 16, 2008 9:54 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home