Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Friday, August 15, 2008

Things Missed - Part 2

Continuing my series of posts called "Things Missed" - this series is about important events in my life that took place during the time I was not posting on my blog. I'm calling them "Things Missed" because I missed the opportunity to share them, and you missed the opportunity to read them. Please enjoy.


Baby Jonathan is born

In March, my sister Donna gave birth to her second child: a baby boy named Jonathan Toshi. Jonathan was 7 lbs., 7 oz., & was 20" long. Here are some newborn pictures of him. First up - sleeping like, . . . well, . . . a baby.

And here he is smiling to something off camera:

And here he is with big brother, Timothy:


It didn't take long for Jonathan to go to his very first Angel game. There were a lot of people there for the first time too, because this was taken on opening day. Here he is with mom, brother, and cousins Erynn on the right, and Justin on the left:

And here's one from their seats:

Unfortunately, the smiles turned to frowns as the Angles lost their home opener to Texas 6-11. And now moving upward to the Heavenly Angles, here's a picture of Jonathan being Baptized:

I'll leave you with this one of Jonathan taken about a month ago. To me, it's as if he's looking over his shoulder and saying: "So long for now."

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At August 16, 2008 2:38 PM, Blogger Nina said…

    i love you dad love nina

     
  • At August 20, 2008 12:33 PM, Blogger LA said…

    Look how beautiful Jonathan is! And it's nice to see he's getting out to the Angels game and other places. Congratulations to your sister Donna and the entire extended family. Jonathan is beautiful, and babies sure are fun!

     
  • At August 20, 2008 12:35 PM, Blogger LA said…

    p.s. Timothy sure looks like a proud big brother! What a handsome family!

     
  • At August 21, 2008 7:34 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    la,
    Thanks for the compliments. Yes, babies are fun, especially when you don't have to change them, feed them, change them, put them back to sleep in the middle of the night, change them, and all the other things Laura and I had to do with our baby.

     
  • At August 22, 2008 11:02 AM, Blogger LA said…

    LOL! True that! That just one reason why being an aunt or uncle is so great.

     
  • At August 23, 2008 9:52 AM, Blogger sage said…

    beautiful, and starting him off with a ballgame! I took my daughter to a minor league game when she was 2, but went with friends and their daughter was a week old!

     
  • At August 24, 2008 8:58 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Sage,
    I'm surprised when I see newborns out in public at such an early age. I think my nephew was less than a month old at the Angel game. We took our daughter out to the desert at nearly 3 months, but kept her really covered up.

    By the way, great vacation story and pictures posted on your blog.

     
  • At September 08, 2008 10:43 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Another Angel fan!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home