Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Saturday Morning Post, Vol. 20

Greetings, holiday shoppers! Santa is on his way, Chanukah has seven more nights of celebration, and Kwanzaa is just two weeks away. All is good in my world. I hope all is good in yours as well. If only the Colts and Saints can remain undefeated until they meet in the Super Bowl . . .

Anyway, last Saturday morning, Nina and I went on our monthly father / daughter date to The Home Depot, where we participated in their Kids' Workshop. This month the craft was a wagon. Here are some grainy pictures taken with my Blackberry. I much prefer the cell phone and e-mail functions over the camera, but it works in a pinch. Here are the results:

Nina's work in progress



Just after Nina finished, Santa showed up to spread holiday cheer. Here he is posing with Nina

Later, after we returned home, Nina painted the wagon (well, painted a little bit of it), and I put the toys in the cargo area to enhance this work of art These Home Depot dates are fun. We both look forward to them every month. We only found out about them by accident. We happened to be at Home Depot one Saturday morning and saw what was going on, and joined in on the fun. Now we're there at 9:00 a.m. sharp the first Saturday of each month.

It's raining here in Southern California, and apparently will be all weekend. I guess I'll have time to blog more. Maybe I'll start putting together another post with my pictures from Thanksgiving weekend when I took my quad to Randsburg. I'll also have time to visit, read and comment on other people's blogs.

See you next time . . .

4 Comments:

  • At December 12, 2009 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good looking end product. If I'd tried that, the wagon would be obscured by the cast on my hand holding all the hammer-destroyed metacarpals in place.

    BTW, I'm looking forward to the Randsburg photos. I hope to absorb some Mojave sun and warmth by osmosis merely by gazing at the photos. Man, do I need a desert vacation right now.

    Cheers.

     
  • At December 13, 2009 6:33 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Head west, young man; Mojave sun is there. I can't promise warmth, though.

    Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At December 15, 2009 6:26 AM, Blogger sage said…

    Nina looked like she had fun--that's a great idea to have a father/daughter date.

    I, too, am looking forward to the Randsburg photos... by chance, did you get out to Goler Gulch, a mining area north of Randsburg?

     
  • At December 17, 2009 7:50 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Sage,
    We did have fun. I don't recognize the name Goler Gulch, but I am certainly aware of a mining area to the northeast. There's a community of sorts - trailers, RV's and even some permanent buildings all in one area, and people work thier claims. I should have taken a picture of it because I rode right by it on the way to Randsburg.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home