Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Sunday, July 16, 2006

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Not a Damn Thing!

Actually, that's not true. Me, the wife and the kids decided to spend what little time we had taking short weekend trips. As some of you know, my personal vacation time is used up during the D.O.M. riding season. I take a vacation day on the Friday that starts the "ride weekend" and take another vacation day on the Monday following. This makes for a 4-day weekend (for me), most of which is spent preparing for, driving to, driving back from, and cleaning up after . . (Breathe) these fun weekend trips our club schedules during the riding season.

Anyway, we weaved these mini vacations and weekend activities between various family commitments. So, with that, here is the start of a series of posts dedicated to our little family outings. Pics and descriptions included. I'll try and post something daily - time allowing.

Here is Laura and myself in front of some old barn we found on a country road while taking a drive one Sunday in June:

2 Comments:

  • At July 20, 2006 11:57 AM, Blogger heidianne said…

    so if it's a lot cheaper than a fully underground pool, then wouldn't it be worth it to see the smiles of your wife and children? i'm just saying...

     
  • At July 22, 2006 7:07 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Believe me, I want to put smiles on their faces. But just because it's cheaper than a built-in doesn't make it affordable for us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home