Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Summer Vacation - San Diego (part 3)

Are you getting tired of how I open these vacation posts? Well I am. Okay, I'll try something different. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . .

Well that's what it seems like. I know it was just last month (July, just in case you don't have a calendar handy), but it seems like a really long time ago. Since we've had - and continue to have - so many things to do with such little free time, it's no wonder I'm just getting around to posting our family vacation pictures. This was the only overnight trip that all four of us took.

So if you remember, we were in San Diego for a weekend trip to SeaWorld and Legoland. We went to SeaWorld first (on Saturday) and then Legoland second (on Sunday). One of the biggest thrills we had at SeaWorld was riding Atlantis. In case you're not familiar with it, it's a water ride with a 60 foot drop, then an elevator ride up, then a roller coaster ride back down, ending in another small drop. You get wet - really wet, especially at the beginning and again at the very end.

The reason I'm telling you all of this info is to set the tone for our day at Legoland. You see, Nina was petrified after riding Atlantis. It scared her so badly, that we couldn't get her to go on anything at Legoland. Well, nearly anything. In contrast, Brady went on every roller coaster twice. There was one coaster that I wanted to go on, but couldn't because I stayed back with Nina.

This first one, Brady had to go on before we did anything else. So here he is with his hands in the air, and Mom holding on for dear life:

Sorry I don't have a telephoto lens. I don't have a digital camera either, thus the quality of my pictures.

This is the most exciting ride Nina went on all day long. I'm telling you, she really got scared from Atlantis. This horse was so slow, I could have walked faster around the track. But as you can see, she enjoyed it:


Legoland has all sorts of things like this throughout the park. Cartoon characters, or even real life characters replicated in Lego design. Here's one of a blacksmith that kind of looks like Shrek with Nina and Laura:


Two hearts beat as one:






This was a popular place to take a picture. Every parent seemed to be taking a picture of their kid inside the mouth of a shark. How could we resist taking Brady's and Nina's pictures.













I have a few more pictures that I will post next time around. So long for now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home