Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Saturday Morning Post - Vol. 7 - Family Pictures

This Saturday morning, I thought I would share some pictures of my family. After all, the name of my blog is Danny & Family. My wife Laura is the keeper of the pictures. That is to say she has the digital images on our family computer under her login, and she set up folders to categorize them. She also has a box of photos in our closet taken from our older camera - the one that used film. I don't have the time to look through the box and pick out any, and don't really want to scan them and put them on the computer. There are plenty to choose from on the computer right now. So below are some fairly recent ones.

I'll begin with a few taken on my Birthday back in January. Laura and I, along with our daughter Nina, went to Disneyland. Disney has this offer where the person celebrating their birthday gets in free. My birthday also happened to have fallen on Martin Luther King's birthday, so due to the holiday and so many people being off of work and school, the Magic Kingdom was quite crowded that day.

I don't remember why our son Brady didn't join us at Disneyland, but he did go to dinner with us at the Olive Garden. Here I am getting ready to blow out my candle on a piece of chocolate cheesecake I was given, and Brady decided to be a goof.

Next stop on our picture tour is right next door. Literally. Our next door neighbors are my wife's grandparents, Bertha and Gil. On Easter Sunday, we also celebrated Gil's 80th birthday. Here's the birthday boy, and his lovely wife:

Also taken on Easter at Gil's party; Laura with her sister Sara and her brother Sean:

Pictured here are four generations: Bertha, Tina, Laura and baby Olivia.

Here's a better picture of Olivia:

And finally a picture taken about a week ago. Laura e-mailed it to me at work, and the subject line said "Our Kids"

Well that's it for this week. See you next Saturday morning.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At August 04, 2009 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice photos.

    My kids hate it when I post their pictures on my blog. I tell them, "too bad. I own the rights to the photos!"

    Cheers.

     
  • At August 05, 2009 11:34 AM, Anonymous Sage said…

    Our birthdays must be close--my is the 16th and often falls on Martin Luther Kings (his is actually the 15th, but since we like to celebrate it on Mondays...)

    Nice pics... I see Randall's comment above. I have made it a rule not to post photos of my immediate family in my blog (at least not ones they are recongizable in).

     
  • At August 05, 2009 7:06 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Randall,
    Thanks. My kids don't seem to mind, but my son is likely to complain if the picture I select is not the one he would have selected.

    Sage,
    I found Randall through your blog, so I guess I should thank you for the introduction.

    I was never really concerned about posting pictures on the web. Then I saw a recent news report about someone who borrowed a picture of a child from someone else's blog and posted it on a web site where they were trying to get people to adopt the child. Weird. Now I'm starting to think whether or not I want my family pictures posted.

     
  • At August 17, 2009 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home