Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Silence Is Golden

That silence is about to come to an end. You see, the kids are coming home from their camping trip. That means the peace and quiet that Laura and I have been enjoying since Sunday is almost over.
This past Sunday, Laura and I drove the kids up to Silverwood Lake to go camping with Laura's parents and grandparents. We've stayed at this campsite a couple of times, but unfortunately, neither Laura nor I have enough vacation time. This time, Laura's grandparents took their new trailer out for the very first time. (Actually the trailer is used and in very good condition, but it's new to Laura's grandparents.)

Anyway, the kids have been looking forward to their camping trip for weeks, especially Nina. She was so excited in the days before! I can't wait to hear how much fun they had. Laura and I missed them both, but we sure didn't miss their fighting.

We were only able to check in once by phone (cell service is very unreliable there due to the surrounding mountains), but know they've been doing fine. I'm sure they were acting normally - you know, fighting, arguing, crying, that kind of thing.

So tonight when we come home from work. they will be next door at Laura's grandparent's house. Our noisy lives will return, and Laura's grandparent's quiet lives will resume.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    This outing sounds like a lot of fun for everyone involved . . . and even for those (you and Laura) not involved!

     
  • At July 12, 2007 7:18 PM, Blogger GetFlix said…

    I hope you and your wife had some quality time!! All parents deserve a break.

     
  • At July 13, 2007 7:06 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Diane and Flix, the outing was not too fun for either Brady or Nina, but I'll put those details on a separate post. Laura and I on the other hand had fun and quality time in their absence!

     
  • At July 13, 2007 12:42 PM, Blogger v said…

    Well, tell your kids they aren't alone. I'm not a big camper myself, lol.

    So glad to hear about your big, wonderful, tight-knit family. Everyone should be so lucky!

     
  • At August 14, 2007 7:07 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    I'm leaving a test comment with HTML tags, such as bold and italicized. Did it work?

     
  • At August 14, 2007 7:16 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Now let's try a test comment with a HTML tag in the form of a link:

    DOM Blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home