Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why Do Birds Sign Out So Gay?

No, I'm not going to write a post about that famous song "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?"

I just wanted an eye-catching title.

Here's the question I really have on my mind today: Why the hell were those f***ing birds making so much g** dam noise last night?

Okay, so it's summer and the evenings are warm enough to keep a couple of windows cracked. Well that decision cost me more sleep than just dealing with the heat - and mind you, it's not even hot yet!

The birds in the trees in my backyard and in my neighbor's backyard were having some kind of party last night. Squawking, chirping, cooing, crowing - you name it. If it comes out of a birds beak - I heard it last night.

I thought birds just perched on a branch and slept all night. Well not the ones in my backyard. Of course this morning at 5:30 when I went out back to turn on the sprinklers - it was dead quiet.

What kinds of noises disturb your sleep (or peace and quiet)?

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2007 8:55 PM, Blogger GetFlix said…

    Har! It's the opposite here. They all start chirping and singing with the first ray of light in the morning.

    Nightfall has them quiet as they hurry home to roost. Then all the bats come out.

     
  • At June 29, 2007 9:08 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Getflix - I got a repeat performance of the chirping last night too.

    Thanks for stopping by, and for the link on your blog to mine.

     
  • At June 29, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Tiffany said…

    Sorry you didnt get a good rest last night. Michele sent me :)

     
  • At June 29, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Bobkat said…

    Anything out of the ordinary disturbs my sleep - I'm a light sleeper!

    Michele sent me to say hi.

     
  • At June 29, 2007 7:46 PM, Blogger v said…

    Yeah, I remember dealing with a similar problem but the birdsongs would wake me up earlier than I would like (like 6am).

    Sorry, I don't have any helpful tip. But hopefully you'll just get used to the sound and it will no longer disturb your sleep.

     
  • At July 01, 2007 8:25 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Summer time around here brings noisy drunks and late night revelers leaving the local bars and 24 hour diner spitting distance from my house . . . trust me, noisy birds would be a welcome respite

     
  • At July 01, 2007 12:43 PM, Blogger sage said…

    I love to wake up to birds--I seem to do that often in the spring when they begin to return. As far as not sleeping, a whip-o-will (which generally will make their racket a couple hours before dawn) will keep me awake and make me want to find and hurt the bird. They're almost as bad as roosters in isolated Central American towns.

     
  • At July 01, 2007 7:42 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said…

    I know exactly what you mean. The birds start up in my backyard every morning at 5 a.m. It always sounds exactly like they are saying "F you, F you, F you." But actually it doesn't bother me as much as the sounds I used to hear when I lived in LA. Usually the jackoff manager of the apartment building next door running a leaf blower. Ugh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home