Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

I hope all you fathers got to spend your day the way you wanted to. Mine started extra early. Instead of getting up early and going to church like I do every Sunday morning - I got up an hour an a half before that in order to get my son to school on time. Yes, Brady had to be at school this morning at 4:00 a.m. He's taking a school trip to Washington D.C., and they had an early flight out of LAX. All of us - me, Laura, Brady, and Nina - got up and sent him off.

Then we went back home and back to bed, only to get up an hour later to go to church (well, I did. I let Laura and Nina sleep). Then I went to the cemetery to visit my dad and my grandfather - Happy Father's Day to the both of you.

Then I came home to find Laura and Nina still asleep (must be nice). Then I started doing all the regular chores I do on Sunday - grocery shopping, laundry, assorted duties around the house like dumping trash, picking up after my kids, and oh yes, blogging. I read two great posts; one from Diane, and one from Sage. Great tributes!

Now that I'm done blogging, I'm going to barbecue dinner. Did I mention I got a brand new BBQ for Father's Day? Well I did, and it was an early gift - I got to break it in last weekend. I was both surprised and happy. Thanks family!

My in-laws are coming over to visit today. Well actually, Laura's mom is visiting her dad (Laura's grandfather / our next-door neighbor). We were over Laura's mom and dad's house for a BBQ yesterday. Are you confused yet? Have another beer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2007 6:40 PM, Blogger sage said…

    Glad you had a nice father's day, even if it did start extra early (and I hope your son will have a wonderful trip). Thanks for the good words.

     
  • At June 26, 2007 7:28 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    my old link to your blog seems to be out of date - I need to update it, and thanks for mentioning my father's day post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home