Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Blog Changes


I've decided to make some changes to my blog. Recently I've been thinking about my blog and how it's been about six months since I threw it together. The whole thing started thanks to Bean. I didn't want to be "anonymous" when I left a comment on his blog, so I set up a blog of my own. But what to call it . . .

At first it was going to be dedicated to the Dirty Old Men Desert Riders club, but I quickly realized there's not enough material to dedicate a blog to it. Also, there's not enough interest - even by other club members. Laura and I tried three years ago when we became the D.O.M. club King & Queen to distribute the newsletter via e-mail. We quickly found out that most of the members were not very computer literate. Most had basic e-mail service, but the majority of them couldn't open an attachment, i.e., the newsletter on a Word document. So we quickly backpedaled to paper and snail mail.

Since my blog has mostly become a diary of my family events with pictures and comments, I thought I would just include that in the description area. Oh I'll still post things about the club, but I can see that the D.O.M. posts will only make up a small percentage of the total. Besides, this is my hobby and I'll do it how I want to. So there!

I've changed my profile picture to one of me and Laura (see above). However, I've changed my settings so that when I leave a comment on someone else's blog I won't drop that image. At least that's what I think I've arranged. I guess I'll find out when I leave a comment. Alright, enough for now. "See" you next post.

Addendum - I can only change my settings to show (or not show) profile pictures on my blog. I can't control my profile picture from appearing (or not appearing) on other people's blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home