Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nina's Birthday Party

Well here it is the last day (technically the last evening) of September, and I’m actually posting something that took place in September.

Wrong! Nina’s birthday is in September, but her party was the last Sunday of August because if we threw a party on Labor Day Weekend, nobody would show up. Well almost everybody did show up for the party.

I don’t know how I got talked into this, but we rented a limo and had it take the kids to Build-A-Bear Workshop at Downtown Disney. Everyone had a good time, and we didn’t even loose any children in the crowds.

All right, lets get to the pictures. Before we left, everyone met at our house. We fed the kids pizza, then sang Happy Birthday and had Nina blow out a candle on her cupcake. Here’s the birthday girl sitting at the dinning room table with all her presents behind her:

We all climbed in the limo and away we went. I would have had to drive separately if all the invitees showed up, so because of the one no-show I have pictures to share with you from inside.


We made much better time than planned for. We got to Downtown Disney before we knew it, so we actually had some down time while we waited to get into Build-A-Bear. I took this picture as the kids waited. Poor Brady. He was sooo bored. I’m sure he was thinking: ‘When will we, like, get inside?’ ‘I wish I would’ve, like, brought my iPod’ ‘Are they gonna, like, have food when we get inside?’

Once inside, the kids were all given a chance to spend a pre-set amount of money. With this they got the choice of a “bear”, and as many clothing items and/or accessories that could be purchased without exceeding their limit. After everyone was done (which took about an hour), I took this group picture:

Next came the trip back home. This time with half the room, since each kid had a stuffed animal to carry – in it’s own box. Once we were home, we took a few more pictures. Here’s one with Nina, her cousin Kira, and Kira's new friend - the monkey:

This party was a lot of fun, and very different from any of the parties we've had before. I was against it at first, but after all was said and done, it didn't cost that much more than a conventional birthday party, and we didn't have a mess at home to clean up.

4 Comments:

  • At October 04, 2006 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute. I actually went to the Build-A-Bear on a trip to Boston recently. I decided I need to have some kids soon so I have an excuse as to why I had such a fun time:) I made a Hello Kitty too!

     
  • At October 04, 2006 5:04 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Miami - Thanks for the comment. Kids are such a joy; I highly recommend them. Build-A-Bear is pretty cool too. Even my 13-year old hasn't quite outgrown it (he was in a better mood inside once he started building).

     
  • At October 05, 2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    And travelling there in a limo? Sweet! Looks like a fun day, and a great idea for a party!

     
  • At October 07, 2006 5:08 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Diane - It was sweet. The kids were so excited. The idea came from my daughter, who got to ride in a limo with some other kids at her school as a fundraiser award. It actually didn't cost as much as I thought it would, but I had to shop around a bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home