Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

Yes, that's right. I’m busier than a one-armed paper hanger. How appropriate, as I work in the paint (and wallpaper) industry. But I’m not posting to talk about work. It’s actually because of my workload that I don’t have time to post. There’s a lot going on in my personal life too.

Anyway, for the first time since being a member of the Dirty Old Men Desert Riders (D.O.M., as in the name of this blog) I’ve missed not one, but TWO rides. I intended on posting something about each location prior to the ride weekend – just to give you a flavor of where we were going and what we would do. But when I knew we couldn’t make them I decided to kill that plan.

And after reading the newsletter following the September ride – I wasn’t about to post that. I don’t want to sound critical, but no one has done it as well as me and Laura. What I mean by that is the quality and thoroughness of the club newsletter. No king and queen (that’s what the couple in charge of the club for the year is called) since we were king and queen have done the newsletter as well as we did. I will not mention that again – this post.

On a different topic, my NFL team – the Raiders – have finally won their first game. Several weeks ago I posted the pre-season wrap up, and after week one I posted again. Well after their performances, errr losses to some of the worst teams in the league, I laid low for awhile. Yeah, so what if I’m a spineless coward?

Personal to Wrider: Thank you for the comment on my last post. I'm glad to hear you're a Raiders fan too, and yes, we're having a rough year.

Okay, so I’ve got to get going now, but I will make an effort to post more regularly. There are topics that I haven’t posted on, such as Brady’s roller coasters, and a classic Mustang for sale; and I have updates on Nina’s cheerleading and Laura’s cheer coaching. So please stay tuned, and thank you for checking in. God bless you all.

3 Comments:

  • At October 28, 2006 8:22 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Even though I am definitely NOT a Raiders fan (I'm anti-Al Davis), I sympathize with your plight of rooting for a team without much hope to win . . .

    That is a big bummer to have had to miss your group's rides - it sounds like a fun group!

     
  • At October 29, 2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Da Raiders are on a roll!

     
  • At October 30, 2006 6:52 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Diane - I'm not going to get too excited over a 2-game win streak. We have Seattle next. (I guess Bean won't be slamming the Raiders next Mon. on his blog, but how sad for him if the Raiders win).

    Da Bears are Da team on a roll! Your Chargers aren't doing so bad either, and looked good against the Rams.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home