Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Who hasn't heard that famous speech by FDR? How many people today - particularly children - realize what occurred on that day 65 years ago? Even though the attack on Pearl Harbor took place 20 years before I was born, I think about it every year on the anniversary as if it somehow changed my life.

I didn't personally know anyone killed on that day. I know of no relative that was there. But ever since I visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial (when I was in high school) I've felt compassion for all those who lost their lives, and for their families.

So I just want to give a shout out to those in the Armed Forces for risking their life while protecting our freedom and defending our nation. Thank you all, and may God bless and watch over you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home