Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, June 05, 2010

The Saturday Morning Post - June

Hi Blogger friends. I hope you all are fine. Here are a couple of updates on people and events going on in my life.

The Baby

Jordan is about two months away from being born, but if you look at my wife Laura, you would think she is either having twins, or that she is 9 1/2 months pregnant. Here is the most recent picture of Laura:

Laura has developed a nasty rash, similar to and worse than the one she had when she was pregnant with our daughter Nina. Hang in there honey! In other Laura news, she recently completed her initiation into the Catholic church. Laura was baptized as a child, but her parents didn't enroll her in catechism to make sure she received her other sacraments. After we got married, and with encouragement from me and her grandmother, she enrolled in the adult program at our church. She has now made 3 other sacraments: Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation. Here's a picture from Pentecost Sunday, when she received her first communion and was confirmed:
Brady

Brady and his all star cheer squad did not keep their world championship title. They finished 2nd, and the squad they beat last year retook their title from the year before. Brady's squad was understandably disappointed. I don't have any pictures from the Worlds competition that was held in Florida because we were unable to attend. This picture of Brady and some of his cheer friends is from the competition in Irvine, CA:

In other Brady news, he attended the prom this year. He and a large group of friends pitched in for a limo. The photo sessions conducted by the parents took place in multiple locations and lasted nearly two hours. I'll make the sharing a little easier for you and only show one image:
Nina

Nina is running for vice president at school. I'll report next month on the outcome of the campaign. Later today, we will participate in the next installment of the Home Depot Kid's Workshop. Last weekend, we went to the Colorado river and stayed with some friends. Here is a picture of me and Nina on our friend's boat:


A couple of months ago, my post included a piece about Angel's Flight. As promised, I have pictures of how it appears today. But just to take it one more step, I borrowed a picture from the web of how it looked over 100 years ago. Let's begin there, with this photo taken in 1903:

In the photo above, you can clearly see the 3rd Street tunnel and the train car at the bottom of it's run. In this next photo, which I posted previously, you can't really see the tunnel, but you can see the top part of the retaining wall. I suspect this photo was taken from the roof of the Fay Building on the corner of 3rd & Hill:
Below is the intersection of 3rd & Hill, taken on Fri. 6-4-10, the same intersection where the two pictures above were taken. Below, you can barely see the 3rd Street tunnel with all the buildings surrounding it:
And finally, a few hundred feet south of where it once stood, Angle's Flight as it appears today. I was fortunate to have the car at the bottom of it's run as I drove by:



Well that's all for this month's post. See you next month on a Saturday morning.

4 Comments:

  • At June 05, 2010 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoy your posts; you should make more frequent appearances.

    Your wife looks great! (Our youngest of three was a big baby, too.) Continued prayers.

    As for you other two, good looking kids. Your son is quite the strapping lad. I can see he'll have no problems with the ladies.

    Love your daughter's smile.

    (And yours.)

    Cheers.

     
  • At June 05, 2010 12:25 PM, Blogger sage said…

    Soon you'll be showing off baby pictures and sending us virtual cigars! Great pics! (they didn't allow prom dresses that short when I was school, but then I was at a wedding last weekend when one of the groomsmen came in with shorts and the bridesmaids all had long dresses on and I had to quip about not caring to see more groomsmen leg than bridesmaids)

     
  • At June 06, 2010 8:25 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said…

    Randall,
    I would love to make more frequent appearances. It all comes down to time, and me not having enough of it to spend more on blogging.

    Thank you for the kind comments about my wife and kids, and for your continued prayers. My son is popular with the ladies, but not for the obvious reasons. There's no delicate way to put this, so I'll just come out and say it. Brady is gay.

    Sage,
    I already have a baby picture to share; I just haven't posted it yet. It's from an ultrasound. Stand by for more pic's and virtual cigars.

    My senior prom date had a huge skirt that looked like a hoop skirt from the 19th century. It nearly filled the interior of my car.

     
  • At June 06, 2010 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dan, we are what we are.

    Cheers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home