Danny & Family

Just Some Random Stories About Me and My Family

Saturday, July 03, 2010

The Saturday Morning Post - July

My fellow bloggers, welcome again to this occasional gathering.

Wait a minute, that sounds too stuffy.

Hi y'all. What's the haps?

That doesn't sound right either.

Let me just say that I'm happy you're back for a visit. I hope you are well, and that you enjoy a wonderful holiday weekend. I know I am overdue for a little R & R, and a little of it is all I will get. Due to Independence Day falling on Sunday, I get Monday off as the paid holiday my employer grants. This makes for a 3-day weekend where I don't have to burn a vacation day. On Tuesday, it's back to the hectic job.

I don't want to dwell on this, but lately it's been really busy at work - and not in the good way. I can't get in to detail, but we (i.e., the company, but realistically, me in my capacity as HR manager) are dealing with an government agency investigation, and a nasty civil matter. Both of these issues have been taking up a tremendous amount of my time and energy. On top of that, I had to put together a training presentation for newly hired managers - and then present it to them. I'm a little rusty in public speaking, but I was told I did fine.

Well I intend on doing better than fine this weekend. I intend on firing up the BBQ, popping open a can of beer (or two), and enjoying the pool I've been cleaning for the past 3 weekends. But first I have to finish the chores. There's also the monthly "Daddy & Nina Date". That's right, on the first Saturday of every month we attend the Home Depot Kid's Workshop.

In the baby department, preparations continue for the arrival of Jordan. Laura is doing fine except for a nasty rash. She's itching like crazy. Unfortunately, despite medication, there's no relief. She had this same condition with Nina, but this time it's worse. Laura's baby shower is next Sunday, July 11.

In the cheer department, Brady is practicing with his squad every weekend, and his friend Jason is practicing with his own squad. (They are on different squads this year because Jason is older and the squads have age limits). Lucky for us, Jason drives Brady to practice, which is 75 miles away. (Brady does not yet have his drivers license).

I leave you this week with my tribute to our wonderful country . . .




To all of those who helped (and continue to help) make this country what it is, thank you!

May everyone enjoy this holiday safely.

God Bless America.

2 Comments:

  • At July 03, 2010 8:40 AM, Blogger sage said…

    A happy 4th of July to you and your family.

     
  • At July 03, 2010 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy 4th and re: your dealings with government agencies which insist on behaving illogically, I most definitely feel your pain. I deal with that crap virtually weekly in representing clients. It's a wonder this country functions at all.

    Cheers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home